Thursday, April 9, 2015

An annual date with my KFF (kindest friend forever) on Maundy Thursday for Visita Iglesia & Confession

Maundy Thursday is reserved for my KFF
(kindest friend forever), my attorney & Ninang of my Son,
Atty. Susie ....
***
Our first stop was the Quiapo Church.
Again, like last year, we waited in line for the
"Pahalik"... where you wipe your hankie on the foot
of the Black Nazarene and pray for penance and
ask that your petitions / wishes be granted.
That's Atty Susie & Me with a Photo Bomber,
si Spiderman! Hee hee hee
***
This was our third church, The Manila Cathedral.

***


While we were walking towards San Agustin,
we saw this procession and asked where they were going.
They were also going to the other churches in Intramuros.
Met them at San Agustin and the Manila Cathedral.
***
This was the only photo I took at San Agustin.
Angela went to confession while Atty Susie and I
sat down and rested our tired legs, prayed a little
and chatted a little, updated our lives.
It's always satisfying to unload my petty problems
and troubled thoughts to my KFF.
*** 
We were only able to go to three churches.
But we were able to go around Quiapo and 
buy hopia at Master Hopia, ham at Excellente
Angela tasted almost all the street foods sold around
the Cathedral.  I only ate the chicken balls without sauce.
Atty Susie ate Sky Flakes, my baon.
She has a weak stomach and not daring.
Ako din, always having tummy aches but I still
tasted the chicken balls without sauce.

Our tour guide and travel buddy, Angela, 
who is in Manila and not out of the country or out of town
knew every corner, pasilyo, 'nook and cranny' of Quiapo.
But this was her first time to do the "Pahalik".
Angela said she will join Atty Susie and me again next year.
We better start at dawn then!!!
***

The Three Musketeers
***
We were famished and had a late lunch
 at Omakase in Tomas Morato.
Thank you ladies, my loving travel buddies for making time for me.
Happy friends, trustworthy friends, genuine friends
make time to get together even on Maundy Thursday.
Remember that I am grateful to you both
for spending time with me,
for listening to my woes, for sharing my pain, 
for crying with me and for loving me more.
Until next year!!!
Easter isn't just a day but a season. 
It starts on Easter Sunday, about seven weeks 
and ends on Pentecost Sunday,

No comments:

Post a Comment