Friday, February 20, 2015

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka, Eastwood Mall

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka
Eastwood Mall
***
Son and I were at Eastwood Mall buying some coffee
at M&S.  We weren't really planning on having dinner
and I was just walking around the second floor when 
I saw the poster of Hokkaido Ramen Santouka.
Hey... that's the restaurant that opened on Chinese 
New Year, (yesterday)!  I've been trying to recall the name and 
thought that they were opening one at Shangrila Mall.
Even if we weren't hungry, we hurriedly went inside
and got a table.  The place was almost full and we got the
last table for four, (or so I thought)...  they have another 
room for bigger groups on  the other side of the wall.
***
Edamame / Php 150 & Ikameshi / Php 240
The edamame served at Ginza Bairin costs the
 same but they have bigger servings.
See the squid?  The chopsticks are longer 
than the squid.  Son didn't let me taste the ikameshi.
He said, "Mom, you're not gonna like it. The squid is 
tough and rubbery." That's why I don't like eating squid
but was curious with this dish.
Set G (Curry Ramen) Php 470 + 20
This set meal came with 1/3 cup of rice, a small cup of tea,
a tiny bowl of salad and a mini green tea cupcake.
For that amount, they could have given a whole cup of rice
or a bigger cupcake.   That's just my opinion.
Son enjoyed the ramen so much that I am quite sure we
will be back.   
I ordered some chicken gyoza but the waitress 
forgot to write it down, so, it was late.
We just took it home for the Hubby.
I also don't eat gyoza. I don't like the herb that
flavors it. 
This is the brown bag for the gyoza.
They have four other branches and  Eastwood
is their latest branch.
Btw ... I only eat edamame at these ramen houses.
***
What I really really liked in this restaurant is
the table.  It's 4 to 5 inches thick solid wood,
just like my buffet tables at home.
***
We will surely be back.
Son loooovvveeesss ramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment