Monday, February 23, 2015

Class 83 get-together for KO

Class 83 at Zensho
***
***
Impromptu dinner called by Dr. R for a balikbayan
classmate Dr. KO.  Dinner was set at exactly 6:45 pm.
Son and I were at the restaurant at half past six
because I wanted to eat ahead.  I just know that
 if everyone's there, I'd be busy talking
and listening to all the kwentos and not be able to 
eat-all-I-can-order salmon sashimi and fried rice.
That's exactly what happened!
Dr R and KO arrived at exactly 645!
Oh dear....

Thanks to the beautiful Chinese ladies for joining us
this evening; for their quick replies to my texts; 
for never ignoring my messages; 
for always being prompt and early
 (because they need to leave early too and be home before midnight);
 and for their perfect attendance.  
I wonder how they have kept their friendships
undamaged, unscathed, intact and SOLID.
Guess I need to learn a lot from these
lovely Chinese ladies.

It's always good to see the sweetest couple
I've ever met ...Dr. Alan & Binbot, 
... and thanks for the tikoy, too.
That makes you sweetestssssss!!!

Dr. Rey, who had a previous dinner invite
joined us later in the evening. Great to see you again!

Always fun to be with my good old pals 
from dental school. Looking forward to
more meet-ups, farm-visits  and dinners.
***
It is never an easy task to call or text people 
for a get together.  I've noticed that more
peeps attend if the gathering is for a balikbayan.

Even if there were those who did not reply to my text messages,
for whatever valid reason they had... I still can't help but
feel a bit slighted. Oh well....  I just tell myself that there
are more of those who pleasantly declined the invite
than those who totally ignored me. Rest assured that
next time,  you won't get an invite again. JK! Hahaha!

***





No comments:

Post a Comment