Monday, September 5, 2016

Mesa Robinsons Magnolia

It's been 33 years since graduation and we're 
happy to see each other again and again.
 ***
***
These two appetizers were served first.
There were two plates each for all the dishes 
except for the Crab and Seafood.
The starters were Tinapa Rolls and
Crispy Catfish topped with green mango and chili.
***
Sinigang na Baboy
... I really liked this a lot! It had pineapple chunks
which was new to me, that made the soup sweeter
and didn't hurt my tummy.  My friend, Dr. Katlu,
preferred her sinigang more sour, but we both enjoyed
talking about the possible ingredients of Mesa's
Pork Sinigang, since we both love cooking.
***
Crispchon served Two Ways.
First Way - Crispy Skin wrapped in Pandan Crepes
with three sauces.
Second Way -- Deep Fried in Garlic
***
Laing Fried Rice... they served three big bowls
of this yummy fried rice.
Fried Rice + Pork Sinigang = Happiness!
 
Hipon / Shrimps and Pinakbet
I don't know how these tasted since I didn't eat them.
I was content with the rice and sinigang.
 
***
Patotim ... this is half a duck cooked, rather braised
in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, peppercorns and 
star anise.  This was yummy too!
 
Apahap or Silver Sea Bass
... steamed in Dayap and Chili. HubB liked this.
 
Crabs, Shrimps, Squid and Mussels in Chili Sauce
I asked the HubB to give me one of the claws.
I'm lazy to eat crabs because it's messy even if
Mesa provided some transparent plastic gloves.
Thanks to the HubB, ang taga-himay namin ni Alvin!

Dr. Jacqui made the reservation for a functionroom
and we needed to consume 6k worth of food and drinks.
So, I chose Mesa's Set Menu #4 which costs Php 6300.
The set included Mesa's Crispchon and the  Crab & Seafood
Platter,  which is really a good deal.
I hope to bring the Sanders Clan here next time.
***
Estrel's Caramel Cake
... brought by Dr. Susan for the class.
Dedication on the cake was really a thoughtful
gesture from Dr. Susan.
Thank you sooooo much!
I had two servings!   
 ***
Dinner was at Mesa Robinsons Magnolia.
We got together for a balibayan classmate,
Dr. Susan, who is my very first friend in UP Diliman.
We met while queuing during registration/enrollment.
We've remained good friends and have kept in touch
 through snail mail, email and now viber.
We were earlier than prompt.
L to R -- Dr. Susan, Me, HubB and Dr. Katlu
Dr. Rey and our guest of honor.
 The rest of the class, those not named above.
Dr. Ned, Dr. Sam-mei, Dr. Elvie, Dr. Jackie & Dr. Anna
Peace and love love love love
***
 
 ***
***
love love love love
***

No comments:

Post a Comment