Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thai Bistro, Robinsons Magnolia

"Thai Food ... in perfection" , quoted from their flyers.
Decor on the wall. I love this!
Table Setting
Huge Birds of Paradise (artificial)
I thought the orchid was real ... NOT!
Nampla, Sugar, Chili Flakes & Vinegar
Mieng Kham Php 180
A piece of dried shrimp on a bed of nuts placed on a betel leaf, with a piece of chili (siling labuyo).
Son and Hubby were adventurous, but not me. I did not eat this.
The betel leaf is used by the old folks, which they chew with the betel nut,
with or without tobacco. Is known locally as "nganga".
Thai Milk Tea / Php110
The Son drank this entire Thai Milk Tea with Black Pearls (Sago) after eating the appetizer.
The siling labuyo was just too much for him.
Herbed Roti with Spicy Tomato Salsa / Php 190

Beef Panaeng Curry / Php 385
Beef Curry with Roasted Pumpkin & Peanuts
Pad Thai / Php 320
Rice Noodles, Pork, Shrimps, Egg, Peanuts & Bean Sprouts

Bistro Nest / Php 240
Crispy slivers of Taro & Sweet Potato with Coconut Ice Cream served with Coconut Jam/Syrup.
Tasted more like a coconut sorbet.
Plating of the dessert is beautiful, however, it is not functional.
You can't eat on that wooden dish.
********
Shall I go back to this bistro?  Maybe, but we won't order the Mieng Kham.
/ chicsanders 2012


2 comments:

  1. During the time I first visited Thai Bistro, I keep on ordering their own version of Beef Panang, which is a Thailand version of Beef Curry, which I must say, that during the first time I've tasted it, it’s indeed the dish that made me crazy over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ephramar Telog,I am glad you enjoyed the beef panaeng curry, we did too! Another good place to eat Thai food is Thaipan, in Dr. Lascano, Quezon City!

    ReplyDelete