Thursday, April 17, 2014

Maundy Thursday, April 2014

Quiapo Church
The Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene
located in the district of Quiapo, 
in the City of Manila
***
My dear friend Attorney Susie and I went to Quiapo Church
this morning.  I've been to this church once, a long long time ago.
But I still made three wishes. 
We followed these people, a lot of people, were in line. 
I thought it was the entrance to the Church.
I asked, "Bakit po may pila?".
Para daw magpunas ng panyo sa Paa ng Nazareno.
No wonder vendors were telling us to buy
these maroon hankies.

I heard a camera click behind me. Hmmmm...
the attorney took a photo of the altar.
So, I grabbed my phone and quickly snapped
this photo. Naku... nahuli ako!
"Miss bawal ho magpicture."
Huh ?  ay...  I'm sorry.
***
After Quiapo Church, we went to the Manila Cathedral.
We had to park like several blocks away from the cathedral.
There were more people here. They had tarpaulins, banners
and there was even a drum and bugle corps or something.
It was very festive! Parang hindi Holy Week or Maundy Thursday.
Attorney Susie said there was a Chrism Mass.
Ano ba yung Chrism Mass? 
***

Then the priests came out of the Cathedral ... 
The people started clapping, more drum rolls were heard
and then they blew up the confetti cannons.
Ang saya saya naman!
***
Pls read the link below. Holy Chrism Mass
Homily of Pope Francis

Inside the Cathedral
The Manila Cathedral
The Manila Metropolitan Cathedral-Basilica, informally known as the Manila Cathedral, is a Roman Catholic basilica located inManilaPhilippines, dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary as Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, the Principal Patroness of the Philippines. The cathedral serves as the seat of the archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of ManilaLuis Antonio Tagle.
Located at Plaza de Roma in the Intramuros district of Manila, the cathedral was originally a parish church owned and governed by the diocese of Mexico in 1571, until it became a separate diocese on February 6, 1579 upon the issuance of a Papal bull Illius Fulti Praesido by Pope Gregory XIII.[1]
********
I made the same three wishes at the Cathedral.


No comments:

Post a Comment