Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Casa Verde, UP Town Center, Diliman

Casa Verde, UP Town Center
Diliman, Quezon City
Appetizer Sampler / Php 292.86
Baby Back Ribs ? Php 223.21
Shrimps Dish / Php 221.43
Bliss O'Berry / Php 221.43
***
We were at the UP Town Center again and tried 
this restaurant located at the second floor.  At first,
I thought it was a branch of the restaurant inside 
the UP Campus.  When I asked the servers, they didn't 
even know the restaurant that I was referring to.
I should have read blogs about Casa Verde before going.

At 430 in the afternoon, the restaurant was almost full.
So, we were seated in the middle and the pretty 
waitress promised to transfer us to a booth once 
it is vacated and cleaned, but the other waiter was quicker
and led these new clients to the booth. Oh gee..

Whenever I go to a new restaurant, I always get their
platters or samplers. So I get to taste more of their
appetizers.  Their appetizers needed more seasoning, 
that means, a little more salt for me.  That's just me, okay?

Casa Verde is known for their huge (half) slab of baby
 back barbecue ribs.  Son got the ribs and couldn't finish it.   

Casa Verde is also known for their Milky Way,
which is this huge milk shake.  The two girls, who got 'our'
booth, ordered this tower "almost 18-inches".  I just
don't remember if the girls consumed the entire thing.
Son didn't want me to get it. He said, "Mom, 
you're just going to let me finish THAT!
... and we can't even take the leftover milkshake home!

I can't have a meal without something sweet.
I got the Bliss O'Berry Cake, a home made ice cream based
 cheesecake paired with strawberry compote.
Oh, it's a cheesecake, my favorite! and there are strawberries 
on top. I was excited.  When the 'cake' arrived,
it was an ice cream cake, similar to the ones I get at
DQ.  Son said, "Mom, did you read the menu?"
I did... I guess I ignored some words... like home made
ice cream and only read cheesecake.  .....

Shall I go back to this restaurant?
I'd probably go one of these days, or tomorrow.
It's hot and humid and ....
I really really want to try that Milky Way TOWER!
********

No comments:

Post a Comment