Monday, September 15, 2014

Watermelon Flavored Candy

***
While Son and I were in Rockwell, I noticed this candy shoppe.
Made in Candy, candy chefs and sugar art.
Interesting. And they've been here for two years.
Why did I miss this candy store?
We usually just eat,  (at the basement)
and then go to Power Books at the top floor.
That's probably why. Made in Candy is on the second floor.
I asked the girl if they have watermelon flavored candy
... and they did!
***
Just a little kwento ...
The first time I went to the States was in 5th grade.
Our second stop was San Francisco. 
(First was Honolulu. No direct flights back in the day.)
Our hosts brought us to a mall near Walnut Creek.
... and there, I saw  barrels of candy.
I took notice of the ones shaped like little watermelons.
... and they tasted like real watermelon.
I was extremely fascinated and  totally hooked.
Ever since, I always look for watermelon flavored candy.


No comments:

Post a Comment