Tuesday, September 23, 2014

kain. kape. kwento ...at Santiago

kain. kape, kwento
at Santiago
Santiago, Katipunan Ave., Quezon City
It's the latest, newest restaurant here in our part of the Metro.
***
Complimentary Wheat Monay
Kabuti Trio (Mushroom Soup)
Php 135
Inihaw na Liempo 
Php 229
Grilled Hamonado Longganisa 
Php 191
3-Layered Cheesecake (Sapin-Sapin Inspired)
Php 119
***

Santiago opened last week, a couple of days before the stormy weekend.
I have been counting the days and looking forward to its soft opening.
Son and I were finally able to dine here today.
I suppose you are patiently waiting for my assessment,  evaluation,
and unbiased appraisal.  Here goes ....
***
I started with the 3-layered cheesecake. It was very light, too light.
Not sweet. Just this 'teeny weeny' flavor of sapin sapin.
Didn't taste like a cheesecake. I'd say it was more like a mousse
than a cheesecake.  I liked the latik on top though.  Could use a bit more.
***
Son had the Kabuti Trio / mushroom soup since I don't like eating soup.
It needed  a swirl of light cream. The bread that came with the soup
needed a bit more butter and garlic.
***
The Inihaw na Liempo ... is just what it is. Took them quite a long time to
serve this.  It had too much fat and there were no grill marks.
***
The grilled hamonado longganisa is mine.  I always order longganisa or tocino
because I never cook these at home.  My boys do not eat them. 
I only ate a piece and had the three other pieces wrapped.
Anyway, this longganisa tastes like the huge longganisa that Hubby buys for me
on Sundays at Sunny Side in Maginhawa Street which costs a hundred pesos.
I think I have two pictures of that hundred peso longganisa.

The Hundred Peso Longganisa from Sunny Side
***
Shall I go back?  I told Hubby that I will give this place another try.
Maybe I'll taste their pasta dishes and main entrees next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment