Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dinner Treat for Balikbayan Classmate

Our classmates got together for a balikbayan colleague, Dr. Alex V aka K.O.
Dinner was at Wooden Spoon in Katipunan Ave., Quezon City.
It usually takes me seven minutes to get to Katipunan, but this time,
 it took  almost forty minutes.  Horrendous traffic!
***
Here are the photos of the dishes we ordered.
We got two of each.  Excuse the photos.
There isn't anything wrong with my Samsung.
It's just that the dishes are not plated to be "camera-ready".
Wansoy Shrimp Nuggets
Too salty for me. I hope they can make the wansoy
sauce fresh-er.  The herb loses its flavor if it has been
pre-chopped, pre-blended and pre-mixed.
Crab Pancit
Not too pretty.  It's bihon with lots of scrambled eggs
flavored with crab.  I'm not sure if there was real
crab in the mixture. 
Lechon Kawali
Piniritong Baboy.  Anybody can make this at home.
Kare-kare & Bagoong
I love karekare.  I make very good karekare.
So does my sister in law, my dff's mommy, and a travel buddy's cook.
Nothing special with this one!
Tortang Talong
I love tortang talong! This one was good.
Sigarillas at Daing
I also love this dish.  I order this every time.
Fiesta Rice
I didn't taste this.  But the girls liked it very much.
***
***
The Chinese ladies paid for our dinner.
It's always nice to see good old friends.
Thanks for dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment