Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ryu Ramen & Curry, UP Town Center, QC

Ryu Ramen & Curry
UP Town Center, Diliman, QC
***
Edamame / Php 100
Pork Gyoza / Php130
Torikatsu Curry / Php 220
Yakibuta / Php 330
***
Japanese Art on the walls.
***
If it isn't Chinese or Korean, it's Japanese cuisine
that's preferred by the Son ... and there must be ramen.
The Yakibuta ramen had huge pork spare ribs and lots of noodles.
It was just a teeny weeny bit spicy according to the Son.
The curry flavor made this ramen different from all the 
other types of ramen.  

The edamame was just perfect, nutty, salty and tasty.
I love edamame.  It was my sister, Dr. Maria, who 
first introduced this appetizer.  She always has a bag
of frozen edamame in her freezer.  She just pops it
in the microwave and it's ready in no time. Yummy!

Son loves gyoza.  I don't like gyoza.  There's this particular taste 
or some kind of herb in gyoza that I really really really (10 times pa 
na really) don't like.  I think it's the Japanese garlic chives (nira)
in gyoza that gives this distinct taste that I really really really..... :( 

I got the torikatsu curry.  I asked them to put the curry sauce on a
separate bowl. Just to be safe.   In case I don't like the sauce,
I can still eat the torikatsu with  soy sauce.
My interior designer friend once described the food on my plate
as boring and very dry.  hehehe 

We shall be back.  Son loved their curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment