Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I'll keep them in my heart and never let these boys go...

Let it go, Betsy Clark.
You'll enjoy it more when you see it fly.
You won't get it back.
But the memory will forever remain.
... in your heart.

Sometimes, you refuse to let friendship run its course.
People move away.  People drift apart. People die.
... and you, Betsy Clark, always try to hang on.
By forcing a connection, you will only do yourself harm.
Remember to love those who love you back.
But isn't it so much better if you, Betsy Clark,
love back those who love you?
***
If they remember to call you...
... it's because you belong in their hearts.
It used to be just phone calls.
Now, there are more ways to stay connected.
Yet, they all seem too busy.
Some of them forgot you last Christmas.
You are not in their Christmas list anymore.
Some call only when they need something.
Betsy Clark, you should have gotten used to that.
You know that you can't take that against them.
... because that is who they are, and you are just someone
who's always available, always ready to listen,
and more than willing to help.
So, what else is new?

Keep a safe distance. Set  limits.
... or  Hubby might just sue again in court.
He will never again allow anyone to use
friendship and take advantage of
 your kindness and generosity.

Let them go. Set them free, Betsy Clark.
... and always be happy!
***

Talkin' to myself and feelin' old 
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.
What I've got they used to call the blues
Nothin' is really wrong
Feelin' like I don't belong
Walkin' around
Some kind of lonely clown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.
Funny but it seems I always wind up here
with you
Nice to know somebody loves me
Funny but it seems that it's the only thing to do
Run and find the one who loves me.
What I feel has come and gone before
No need to talk it out
We know what it's all about
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.
***
.... but I really love rainy days and I love Mondays too.
It's just that the words in this song  kinda
describe how I feel today, which by the way is a Wednesday.
So, where did I run to?
What did I do? .. Never mind where and what I did.
But with whom?  You know them.
They love me most and I love them back.
I'll keep them in my heart and never let these boys go.


No comments:

Post a Comment