Saturday, October 17, 2015

I made Sukiyaki ...

I made Beef Sukiyaki
***
"Where did you learn to make beef sukiyaki?"
That was what my son asked me when I served
this for dinner last week.
"huh?" ... you should have seen my "side eye".
If you are as old as I am, you'd probably know how
to cook or make anything.  From experience?
From Google? From reading my cookbooks? Exposure?
Hmmm ... I just love cooking for my son.

From the photo above, you will already know
the ingredients used on this dish.
Beef (Sukiyaki Cut),  Tofu, Mushrooms,
Carrots, Baguio Pechay & Sotanghon
Other ingredients are cooking oil, sesame oil, onion, 
salt, sugar and Kikkoman soy sauce.

Saute the onion in a bit of cooking oil,
Add the beef, carrots, mushrooms, tofu,
Baguio pechay and sotanghon.
Add some water or soup stock.
Season with Kikkoman soy sauce, a dash
of salt and a splash of sesame oil.

Take note that you have to use Kikkoman
soy sauce and sesame oil. 
These two ingredients cannot be 
substituted or your dish won't taste
like the original
Japanese Beef Sukiyaki.
***
Happy cooking!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment