Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Special kakanin treats ... YUMMY!

Inutak

The Hubby had friends over for coffee over the weekend.
His classmate from Pateros, the one who brings duck eggs
(balut) and salted eggs, the same friend who gave the 
Aling Aging suman, surprised me again with leche flan 
and this creamy, smooth, delectable kakanin
called Inutak.

It's my first time to taste this Filipino dessert.
The basic ingredients are rice flour, coconut milk
and sugar.  For flavor and color, purple yam is added.

Aling Aging's Suman

This is the suman. There are various fillings inside
those suman rolls like leche flan or pastillas.
Hubby's relatives are from Pasig, where this suman
can be bought.  But all these years, my sister in law
never told me about this delicacy.  She probably
didn't want my blood sugar to shoot up. 

Heeheehee!
***

No comments:

Post a Comment