Thursday, May 12, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Mother's Day 2016
May 8, 2016 Sunday
HubB brought me flowers on the eve of Mother's Day.
Hmmmm .... clever or stingy? I guess both. 
Sometime around 7 pm Saturday night, I was
looking all over for him. Alvin had band practice
 and he heard me yelling, "B!!! B!!! Asan ka ba?"
Mom, Dad left a while ago.
Oh... did he take the motorcycle or the car?
He drove the car.  Hmmmm ... I had a feeling
he had gone to the market, not the classy
flower shops but the farmer's market.
True enough, after 30 minutes, he was back with
a bouquet of assorted flowers.  No yellow roses,
just daisies,a stargazer and a carnation.
Oh well ... I can't be picky or choosy.
It's the thought that counts.
Kahit plastic , okay lang!
Thanks B !!!
So, it's one day of the year for happy moms.
Take note, blissful, peaceful, grateful moms 
with loving HubBies and obedient, helpful,children.
   I am so lucky and feel very much appreciated.

Every year,  we celebrate and have a simple merienda 
with my sister in law's family, her best friend Rosalie
and their dear cousin Dr Laleigh.
***
Red Velvet Cake from Cakes To Go
After taking a photo of the cake,  I cut a big slice
for me. Syempre, I get to eat the first slice.
They were a bit late and I was hungry.
Anyway, don't I always say that desserts come first?
Healthy options.
The sweetest mangoes, juicy watermelons and honeydew
Japanese sweet corn and my favorite bananas.
This is Rosalies' chilled buko salad.
Sobrang sarap nito.  I had two cups right away.
yummy!!! Salamat Rosalie !!!
***
Ate Nene's Pancit Canton... Chinese na Chinese.
Her inspiration?  E di yung si Anson Chua.
Her pure Chinese husband. hahaha
We were supposed to have crispy pata.
But it'll be difficult to fry, so, Pata Tim na lang.
Easier to cook.  This is just one of three Pata Tim
that Ate Nene cooked. Grabe... ubos yata!
Store bought Inihaw na Bangus and Roast Chicken.
Your royal highness' laziness strikes again. Too lazy.
Too tired, Too hot to cook.
Now this is your royal laziness to the max.
HubB's friend gave us these sausage and cheese.
Placed them on a wooden board with knives.
Slice them yourself! hahaha
The kids loved these, paired with and
consumed two bottles of
Red and White .Moscato.  E kulang pa.
Opened the Black Label Johnny Walker
and it was gone after an hour.
The kids aren't kids anymore.
Mga tomador na sila!!!
This is my Red Moscato.
A toast to happy moms like me.
Til next year! May we all be healthier,
wiser, hopefully wealthier,
 but definitely happier Moms!!!
***

***

No comments:

Post a Comment