Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tanyoto Korean Restaurant, Fontana, Clark

Puregold had a sale last week.
I had this really bright idea of going 
on the first day of the sale.
But the more brilliant idea was to have
an early lunch at Tanyoto before I
push and shove my way through the aisles
and long lines of people at the cashier.
Tanyoto Korean Restaurant at Fontana, Clark
Banchan ...  we were given two sets of these
side dishes.
 Gimbap or kimbap is a Korean dish made
 from steamed white rice (bap)
 and various other ingredients,
 rolled in gim (sheets of dried laver seaweed)
 and served in bite-size slices.
Gimbap is often eaten during picnics or
 outdoor events, or as a light lunch, 
served with danmuji or kimchi.
(From Wiki)
Korean Pancakes
Pajeon is a variety of jeon with green onions
 as its prominent ingredient, as pa literally
 means 'green/spring onion' in Korean.
 It is a pancake-like Korean dish made from a batter of eggs,
 wheat flourrice flour, green onions
and often other additional ingredients.
 Beefporkkimchishellfish, and other
 seafood are mostly used.
(From Wiki)

Godeungeo-gui 

Gui means grilled. Godeungeo-gui means grilled mackerel.
Korean Hotpot or Shabushabu
***
Having lunch at Tanyoto was the best thing we did that day.
I wasn't able to even get a shopping cart in Puregold.
The place was filled with frantic shoppers.
It took me an hour to get out of Puregold because I
couldn't squeze myself through the crowd.
Oh dear ....
The Art of Bonzai... beautiful!
 .... be still.
I really needed to be calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment