Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spectrum, Fairmont, Makati City

Fairmont, a five star luxury hotel in Makati City.
We had lunch at Spectrum Buffet. To reach the restaurant,
which is situated at the rightmost corner of the first floor,
 we passed by the elegant chic lobby and the pastry boutique, 
Cafe Macaron.
These are real huge macarons.
Chef Nikki let me taste one of their best sellers, queso de bola macaron,
(which was fuschia instead of yellow). 
I'm in love with macarons.
I noticed these hideous looking raspberry limoncello pralines, 
which looked like eyeballs at first glance.
Is it Halloween already? Please explain.
Oops, I just got a bit distracted for a while.
More heavenly desserts and an assortment of macarons!
Lovely, aren't they? 
********
As you enter Spectrum, you will see this Honey Station,
with real live working bees.  
Chef Nikki tried to show me the queen bee 
but it was hiding when we got there.
Dessert Station is the first station you'll see as you enter the restaurant.
They probably know that I always start my meal,
 not with soup, but with dessert!
Roastings
That's my plate being filled with steamed fish,
...  a healthier option.
Fresh Uncooked Pasta
Hummus
Prime Rib
Bread Station
********
This is my first plate. 
Salted Caramel Panna cotta,  Taho and Sago, Ube Macaroon,
Grilled Ripe Mango and Suman
They asked why I got suman? I love suman and I dipped it in the 
salted caramel panna cotta. Yummy!
Suckling Pig, Roast Duck and Pork Asado
I love Chinese food.  But where's the fried rice?
This is Df Jannette's salad , pita and hummus plates.
My personal sized Four Cheese Pizza with Mushrooms and Basil.
They didn't have fried rice, so, I got their Shrimp Basmati Rice.
Also had Red Snapper and Tomatoes, Grilled Salmon, Steamed Fish
and Mussels.  (Gave the mussels to Hubby since I don't eat mussels.)
These special sushi were made by Chef  Garbin.
The sushi  were  sweet,  salty,  and crunchy., a feast for the  palate. 
The crispy salmon skin, avocado,  mango and special
dressing were superbly extraordinary. and very tasty.
Thanks Chef  Garbin !

Started my meal with dessert and ended it with more dessert.
Chocolate Lava and Ice Cream by Chef Nikki.
Fabulous!!!!
********

Smile :) 

********
Thanks to the  cheerful Chef Miko who visited us at our table. 
.. with the beautiful and charming Chef Nikki.
********
Before leaving the restaurant, Chef Robert approached our table. 
The Hubby thought that he somehow looked  familiar.
Jannette mentioned that we were dentists from UP. 
Chef Robert said that he came from a family of dentists.
So I asked for his surname, and he said Bolanos.
No wonder he looked very very familiar.
Chef Robert Bolanos is one of the head chefs of Spectrum.
I wasn't able to take a photo of him, maybe next time.
********
/ chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment