Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So far, the best Brazo de Mercedes I've eaten

So far, this is the best Brazo de Mercedes I have ever tasted.
This is at Mom & Tina's and only costs Php 55 a slice.
The egg yolk filling has REAL eggyolks and it wasn't too sweet!
********
I have tasted the frozen green tea brazo at Ma Maison. 
It had a 'fishy' taste and was overpriced. 
The frozen mango brazo we had at Parvati with my bgff's
 had ice cream instead of the usual egg yolk filling. 
I did not eat it and is still in the freezer.
When I studied baking in some small culinary school eons ago,
our teacher taught us how to make brazo de mercedes.
We used lots of egg whites, beat it, rolled it and placed 
this artificial powdered egg yolk. My teacher said that this was 
how Goldilocks made their brazo....  Hmmmm...
********
This is their mango cream pie. Had lots of sweet ripe mango bits.
It is sugar free and I ate the entire thing.
Yummy! ...  but Dulcelin's mango torte is better.
********
French Apple Tart
This one I took home for the Son. He ate half of it and it is still in the freezer.
********
I like Mom & Tina's. Will be back !!!!!
/ chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment