Friday, March 8, 2013

Dolcelatte

Almond Roca Chocolate Cake with Caramel Sauce
Super liked this cake. I would have eaten the entire slice 
 if they gave me salted caramel sauce. 
Mango Candy ... not really sure of the name.
It is like a mango cream pie.  Lots of cream and bits of mango, 
and meringue. It was alright but I like Dulcelin's Mango Torte better.
********
This is my second time here at Dolcelatte.  
My DF Jannette brought me here one stormy flooded evening.  
Starters ... lots of cheese, with beef bits, wrapped in bread dough, 
with marinara sauce and mayo. 
Half of the Hungarian Spicy Pasta.
The spaghetti was too al dente. I didn't eat it.
I told our server to call this dish, fried spaghetti!
Salmon with caper sauce, a side salad and mashed potatoes.
I don't really like cooked salmon because it becomes "fishy'.
The mashed potatoes were a bit bland, needed a bit of salt and some pepper.
The side salad didn't come with a dressing. Instead they gave us 
olive oil infused with garlic. ( I don't really like eating salads/lettuce.) 
When my bgff Aya tasted the salad with their dressing, she said, 
"there is no taste. it is like eating raw veggies, plants!"
********
O well ....  the ambience  of the restaurant made up for 
the 'not so tasty' dishes.
I still like Dolcelatte.  
Will come back here  and bring the Hubby &  Son.
********
an afternoon well spent with my bgff Aya 
********
/chicsanders 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment