Sunday, March 31, 2013

Wildflour Cafe + Bakery, BGC

Assortment of Breads
This is the first thing that you'll see when you enter Wildflour Cafe + Bakery.
********
I've been reading very good reviews about this cafe / bakery from
different bloggers.  One particular blogger, whom I follow,
 has been raving about this place almost daily.
So, off we went to BGC one Saturday afternoon.
********
For starters,  I ordered dessert and requested the server to
 bring the cake and panna cotta to our table, asap, with a smile , of course.
I like to eat my  desserts first.  I might just get too full
eating the entrees and miss eating dessert. No way!
 I got the Salted Chocolate Cake, Php 170/ slice.
It tasted like any ordinary chocolate cake but had bits of rock salt
in the frosting. Would have been so much better with 
salted caramel filling in between the layers of chocolate cake.
But, I finished this anyway. 
Basil Panna Cotta / Php 170
You can only taste the basil on your first bite then never again.
The sourness of the passion fruit when mixed with the sweet panna cotta
drowned the taste and smell of the basil, or
 they probably used very minimal basil leaves.
Complimentary Bread.  Butter with rock salt  on top.
Seems like they put rock salt in most everything.
There is even rock salt on a small sauce dish, just like in Cicou, 
but Cicou had a bigger rock salt plate. 
Should have named this cafe, ....(at the ) ....'Rock Salt Cafe'... hahaha!
..... I hear a melody in my head. 
Parmesan Churros / Php 210
They could have added more cheese.
Nothing beats Dulcinea's Churros con Chocolate
California Burger / Php 450
Nothing spectacular about this burger.
I had to ask for ketchup refill three times.  
Friday's and Chili's burgers are  so much juicier, tastier, tender 
and they have a whole bottle of ketchup in every table. 
... and where was the mustard? I had to ask again!
I don't  really care  for mayonnaise on my burger, 
or on anything!!!
Their fries .... 'Eyes on your fries'... so much better!
********
The blogger that I follow eats Steak and Egg, with Kimchi Rice
almost every time she goes to this cafe and highly recommends this dish.
So, I convinced the Son to try it. 
Hubby and I had consumed the burger that we shared
but the Steak and Egg dish had  not arrived.
I thought they probably ran out of rice and had to cook some more.
Son noticed that the guests on the table beside us
were served ahead of us, and we were already seated and eating our
appetizers when these guests arrived.
It took about 20 minutes for this rice dish to reach our table.
Php 495
Son didn't like the combination of the tasteless steak, 
raw runny egg and soggy "fried" rice.
Texture of the rice was mushy! 
Oh, and I forgot that Son hates raw eggs. 
What was worse, Hubby ate a tablespoon of this Kimchi rice.
Shortly after, he had three  hives on the inner portion of his upper lip. 
About three small, elevated, raised, edematous, sort of swollen,
 patches of skin / mucosa of his inner upper lip.
Hmmmm ... sensitive, allergic... ???
********
The Garlic Knot
Was curious with this garlic knot, Php 130.
The roasted garlic is inside this pastry bread.
This is still in the ref as of this writing.
Still waiting for the Son to eat this since I don't like eating garlic.
********
Shall I go back?  I don't think so.
/ chicsanders 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment