Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Aracama, The Fort Strip, BGC

One sweltering Sunday evening, Hubby and I drove all the way to 
BGC to dine at Aracama.
A friend, Mayee Fab, recommended this restaurant,
 which is owned by her cousin.  
For starters, I got the malunggay and mozzarella cheese dip.
This is one of the best appetizers I've had.  The only ingredient that is Filipino
is the malunggay. There is no trace of malunggay's peculiar, "leafy" bitter  taste.
Just the buttery,  creamy savory and  'Italian pizza' taste of mozzarella and garlic..
Tokwa't Baboy, Hubby's favorite merienda.
Pancit Molo ... Hubby's favorite soup.
I make  very good pancit molo but this one is better than 
my home cooked pancit molo. It had lots of shrimps and
toasted garlic slivers. Very tasty and a sure winner for the Hubby.
Btw, I don't take soup before meals and I don't like garlic.
Hubby finished the whole bowl of soup.
Ox tail karekare ... perfect! It had real ox tail and not just tripe and fat. 
The veggies (grilled eggplant and blanched banana heart wrapped in pechay)
 were served separately.  Rich, thick peanut sauce makes this  perfect! 
However, their bagoong was a bit raw. Didn't like it at all! 
I like Ate Nene's bagoong, which she cooks for four hours.
********
We didn't have room for dessert. 
I usually have my dessert before my meal 
but the Hubby didn't let me order dessert. STRICT!!!
I'll have dessert first next time. :) 
********
/ chicsanders 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment