Sunday, April 21, 2013

Food Finds in Taipei

Huge crepe that we got from the mall across our hotel.
Street food at 7/11
Comes in different forms but tastes the same.
The different sauces that accompany these treats make them palatable.
The bread section at Carrefour Supermarket.
The 'carboloader' adores bread! 
Huge doughnuts!
Crispy crablets. Why can't we (Filipinos) make these crispy delights 
and sell them in our neighborhood supermarkets?  
The HUGE mushrooms.... a mushroom here, a mushroom there!!!
Hahahahaha
The cooked food section of Carrefour Supermarket.
All sorts of street food you can find except the stinky tofu.
So, we didn't bother going to a sreet night market.
Besides, it was raining. We didn't want to ruin our spring outfits.
Df was wearing her boots and didn't want to get them soaking wet.
Edamame ...  I love these. My sister snacks on these delicious beans.
The different flavors of ice cream.  
If only I could bring them home ... :(  
This was my breakfast for two days. 
Not so crispy bacon strips, hard boiled egg on 'tea'.
a few strips of fish or chicken,hash browns, rice, and congee.
Had about five pieces of these steamed buns for breakfast.
They were so goooooood, super soft , not too sweet!
I love these buns! 
DF brought me these pastry treats from the bakeshop across out hotel.
She went for a morning stroll at the mall across the hotel while I slept some more.
The egg tart was good, but I really crave for Macau's egg tart.
I really love to go back to Macau just to eat egg tart. 
If only Hubby will agree to go with me, but he dislikes airports
and do not wish to travel anymore.  I guess I have to settle for this tart
or Lord Stow's not so delicious tarts. :( Sigh
Df also got tiramisu. But I was really too full to take another bite of anything,
These are the goodies I got for the Hubby and Son.
Kimchi flavored Lays potato chips. sweet crispy crablets and drief fish,
chestnuts which Hubby loves, cookies and wafers,
and Mochi (peanut & Sesame seeds)... and some couscous!
********
DF and I shared this meal before flying back to Manila.
She had the soup and dumplings and of course, I had the rice.
Aren't we  perfect eating buddies?  what she doesn't like, I love.
What I don't like, she loves! Hehehehe
********
/chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment