Sunday, June 1, 2014

Alona Beach Dinner, Panglao Island, Bohol

Dinner at Alona Beach,
Panglao Island, Bohol
***
Last time I was here, I wanted to eat at this place, (I forgot the 
name of the seaside restaurant at Alona Beach) but, my travel buddy
chose to eat at the restaurant beside this place because it
had nicer chairs, pretty tablecloths and firefly lights. I remember what I had
for dinner then ... chicken barbeque!!!  Nobody eats chicken
barbeque at the beach.  Guess what?  That restaurant is CLOSED! 

For months I craved eating those scorpion clams.
I don't really like eating mussels, oysters and other clams, but I
just had to taste the scorpion clam.  Last time we were in Palawan,
I missed the chance to eat scorpion clams because I stayed in the 
hotel instead of joining the group for island hopping.
This time, I will not miss this opportunity!

We had dinner for two consecutive evenings at this
place in Alona Beach.  I really have to ask my Son for the name of
this restaurant. The scorpion clams cost 250 per plate. We got two servings..
The fishes cost about 900 per piece, or 700 if they're smaller.
  The big prawns cost like 1200 per kilo.
***
***
That's the big Maya-maya ... Sinigang na Maya-maya
Got the white shrimps, since they were reasonably priced
at 450.  I actually prefer these tender  and tastier white shrimps.
The bigger prawns tend to become tougher and quite pricey!
Lato Salad  was 70 bucks per serving. we got two.
There was another type of seaweed but it wasn't as tasty
as this one.  I forgot to take a photo. They didn't eat it anyway.
These are the scorpion clams! Grilled to perfection.
They tasted like the sea. I like the chewy texture of these clams
 than the soggy soft texture  of the oysters or  mussels.  
Just be careful of the sharp 'claw' of the scorpion clam. 
 Hubby says the claw is actually part of the shell 
which the clam uses to cover the opening of its shell.  
Is that so?  I thought it uses the claw to walk!
hee hee hee
Grilled Maliputo
Bamboo Clams & Lato Salad
Grilled Fishes and Squid
The kids had some kebabs.  They miss eating pork & chicken.
Oooooh!  Such funny faces.
This is why they had such 'mukha-asim' smiles!
Green Mangoes & Bagoong
***
I have always wanted to go back to Bohol.
Two reasons:  Ist ... to eat scorpion clams.
2nd... to see the chocolate hills again
That's why I dragged the Hubby and the kids to Bohol.
Fun fun fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment