Sunday, June 8, 2014

Bubut's birthday / June 2014

Bubs turned double the other day.
As always and as usual, we had a potluck Filipino food party.
We asked the travel buddies to bring their "kitchen's specialty dishes".
***

I prepared Seafood Kare kare and my favorite green mangoes,
tomatoes and sweet bagoong. 
Pork Barbeque, ang walang kamatayang pork bbq.
I also made Chorizo de Bilbao & Egg Rice.
This is Janet's famous Bopis. Spicy & yummy!
Pancit Malabon from Rafaela.
Raffy, thanks for the baskets of Indian mangoes from Balayan
which we divided among ourselves (Janet, Angela, Karel and me)
 Thanks too for my Jacobina cookies.  
I will finally be able to taste those cookies.
Roast Chicken from Karel.
This is my favorite, really!!! I can eat this everyday.

More thank you's ...Thank you Angela for your special home made sushi.
Thank you Swanee for the DQ ice cream bars. 
Thank you Doti for the siomai and the huge Pancit Palabok.
Bubs shared it with the ladies.
Hey Doti, next time, please stay a bit longer or go earlier. 
I wasn't able to take a group picture with you!
I just hope you had a fun date with your hubby

***
Hahaha ... I love these cute table napkins.
My sister sends me all sorts of  table napkins with fun & funny designs.
I thought this was perfect for the other girls.
Heeheehee ... Sorry ladies, I am a housewife!
Cake from Yayo. 
 This is a  "creme brulee topped creamy chiffon cake".
Yayo couldn't remember the name of the cake. 
It just says CAKE on her cellphone.
Thanks Yayo!
Chicken Macaroni Salad from Aya.
A hit with the ladies. Thanks Aya.
Now this is Aya's favorite and mine too... TURON by Bubs.
She also brought some lumpiang shanghai
but since she was late, I wasn't able to take a photo.
The dessert table.
Mango Vodka Smoothie
(Mangoes from my road trip to Calatagan.)
***
Happy birthday to you ....
She just blew the candle and didn't make a wish.
So, we did it again ... This time, Bubs paused and made a looong wish!
Ano kaya ang wish niya? Maybe she was wondering why she's blowing 
a candle on top of a smoothie and not on a cake.
Isn't this more hygienic?  You won't get saliva on the cake.
Hee hee hee,,, sarap pa naman ng cake from Yayo.
Smile ladies!!!
Happy birthday Bubs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment