Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Wafu, Greenhills Shopping Center

I like going to Wafu. 
Last week, we met up with a balikbayan classmate
and I got to choose the restaurant.
***
Wafu, Greenhills Shopping Center
***
Edamame / Php 120
Gyoza / Php 230
Tofu, Pickled Cucumber, Tonkatsu Sauce
Side Salad
Salmon Balls
Chicken and Prawn Katsu
Bento box ...  Sake Ebi to Tori Katsu Furai
Php480
***
Gyuyaki Saikoro Style Bento Box
Php 480
Wafu Kitkat / Php 182

***
When choosing a place to get together with the
funny, 'malikot' 'makulit' noisy ladies,
I make sure of the following:
1.  Venue must be of considerable size, roomy, spacious, 
and if possible with a high ceiling.
2.  Venue must be well lit;  if possible with beautiful chandeliers 
or lots of pretty light fixtures.
3.  Venue must have nice interiors and pretty furniture, 
if possible those that can be easily cleaned,
 where dust can easily be removed. 
4.  Venue must be very clean, hygienic, spotless if possible.
 and lastly ...
5.  The price must be just right.
***
My friend suggested a new restaurant at the Promenade.
I was actually looking for that new Japanese restaurant
but Son and I couldn't find it last time we were at Greenhills.
Debra said the new place is at the third floor of the Promenade,
rather, the mezzanine.   I  searched for images of the new place and
I found two photos which showed a small cramped dark restaurant
filled with lots of people.  Hay naku! No way!
I told my friend that I would rather go to the tried and tested
places than go to that small crowded new restaurant 
that's hard to locate.  ....  She said that the place I liked 
is expensive and the food isn't great.
Hmmmm...  I agree that it's a bit expensive at Wafu, 
but the food not great?  I beg to disagree. It depends on 
what you order and how much you order.

Then I remembered that Wafu now has lower priced
bento boxes and gives a 25% discount if using a BDO
credit card.   That discount really makes a big difference.

That's the bento box menu. 
***
The ladies... with balikbayan classmate Celine (right)
With the Son, who accompanies me wherever I go and patiently drives for his ooooolllldddd Mom.
***
The link below was the last time I brought 
another balikbayan to Wafu.  
I just love their lotus chairs.
The lotus chairs at Wafu.  With Dr. Venus last May 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment