Friday, June 13, 2014

Joy ride to Calatagan, Batangas

Playa in Calatagan, Batangas
A couple of weeks ago, we went on a day trip and joy ride
to Calatagan.  Hubby's Realtor friends had this 'tripping'
and outing at Aquaria.
***
Triton is the latest beach side / seaside condominium 
development by LANDCO.
Triton will be 80 meters away from the beach.
***
Lunch at the Clubhouse.
***
On our way back to Manila, we passed by this large estate
lined by these huge "bark-less" trees.
The estate is owned by those rich families who also own the
prime business districts in the metro.
I wonder what's beyond those walls.
***
Sineguelas or Spanish Plums, one of my favorite local fruits.
Apple-Mangoes
Indian Mangoes
I bought one big basket of the regular green (kalabaw) mangoes.
Can't find the photo of the kaing.
The kalabaw mangoes... sarap!
I also got these big avocados.
Jack Fruit ... I bought that one for only 250 pesos.
After removing the seeds, we got about 2 kilos of langka fruit.
YUMMY!
This is what I love most when  going on a joy ride to the countryside.
Bringing home the freshest fruits straight from the farms.
Brings back childhood memories from my Dad's
hometown in Nueva Ecija.
***
We stopped by our favorite restaurant in Tagaytay
for a mid afternoon snack before heading home.
Gulaman at Sago, Pancit and Puto Bumbong
.... a typical Filipino merienda.
Oysters for snacks? Why not???
Hubby and Son enjoyed this very much.
I don't eat oysters!
***
View of the Taal Volcano
***
Bought some of these "flower wind mills".
Too pretty not to bring home.
There has to be real flowers ... bromeliads.
My Dad used to have a lot of these flowering plants in our backyard.
***
Another day well-spent with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment