Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chicken and Grapes, That was what's for dinner this Sunday evening at our home

Chicken & Grapes, that was what I had in the fridge. 
I asked the Hubby to get me some fresh basil.
So, I spent the afternoon cooking dinner. 
We usually eat out on Sundays but our helper has OJT, so I thought. 
 Only to find out that her OJT was cancelled.
O well,  my afternoon was well spent in the kitchen.

This was dinner. Chicken & grapes, served with brown rice.
Here are the ingredients.
Soak the brown rice for an hour and then cook. 
Season the chicken with salt & pepper.
Pan fry the chicken in olive oil.
Add a splash of red wine, simmer. 
Make sure the chicken is well done but not dry.
Set aside the chicken.
Slice the grapes and onion. Prepare a tsp of dried tarragon.
Saute the onion and tarragon, using the same pan where chicken was fried.
Add a dash / splash of red wine.
Add the grapes.
Chop some fresh basil.
Turn off the heat, then add the fresh basil.
Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
Serve the chicken & grapes dish with brown rice.
Happy eating!  Hubby and Son loved it!
*******
/ chicsanders 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment