Saturday, March 15, 2014

Shi Lin Restaurant, plus some Street Food at Lucky Chinatown Mall

Shi Lin at Lucky Chinatown Mall
***
Shrimp and Pork Siomai
Century Eggs with Bonito Flakes
Stir Fry Bokchoy
Fried Rice with Shrimp & Egg
Salt & Pepper Squid
Vegetable & Pork Wonton Soup
Deep Fried Asado Buns with condensed milk on the side.
********
I'm finally done posting restaurants in Roseville.

My niece, Dr. Maria Cristina, came to visit me last week.
She is a dentist like her Ninang, (that's me) and is based in Okinawa.
The last time she was in Manila was probably 8 years ago.

The first place I brought her to was Chinatown!
It took us two hours to drive to Binondo.
We should have taken the MRT. It would take
about half an hour to get there, but, I didn't want
her to ride the jeepney or the 'padyak' from the
MRT to Lucky Chinatown Mall.
Baka ma-culture shock or catch some viral infection.

We had our Chinese or was it a Taiwanese lunch at Shi Lin?
I've dined at Shi Lin in Alabang a few years back and
didn't really like the food then. But this time, I actually 
enjoyed our lunch.  I particularly loved the Deep Fried Asado Buns, 
served with condensed milk on the side instead of the
regular brown siopao sauce.  The servings in Shi Lin 
are quite small, but that's okay,
their prices are actually very affordable.

********
Street Food at Lucky Chinatown Mall
Pork Barbeque, Betamax, Isaw etc
Just to 'culture-shock' my Chicago raised niece..
 hee hee hee
Dynamite Roll ... Ate Nene said the jalapenos weren't spicy.
All sorts of balls - fish balls, squid balls, shrimp balls.
Hotdogs, Kani or Kikiam on sticks
I wonder whether those are real crab claws sticking out
of the faux crab cakes.
The Lechon Liempo
I tried making this before but only used 1 kilo of liempo.
Ate Nene prepared a 4 kilo lechon liempo roll for the 
party last Tuesday but since I didn't have a roasting rack 
and only had a roasting pan, I removed the strings that 
wrapped the liempo and just roasted the liempo flat,
skin side up on my small roasting pan.
The lemongrass at the bottom added that perfect flavor 
for this lechon liempo.  The entire house smelled extremely
delicious! The girls just loved my un-rolled lechon liempo.
OOOOps...... got side tracked again with kwento...

Anyway, I love going to Lucky Chinatown Mall.
Right beside it is 999 Mall. It's an airconditioned
tiangge (like Greenhills), but about four times bigger.
That's shopping, bargain shopping, to the max.
We will be back. 
********

/ chicsanders 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment