Thursday, January 28, 2016

Aresi, Subic Bay

Aresi Restaurant, Waterfront Road,
Subic Bay Freeport Zone, 
***
After three hours on the road, we finally reached 
our destination, Subic Bay.
I asked my friend Mel where we could eat steaks
and have a quiet lunch near the bay.
She suggested Aresi Restaurant. 
I remember eating at Aresi in Quezon City
quite a long time ago.

Mel suggested the Chop Chop Salad for starters,
but it had lots of ham and I don't really like eating ham.
Must have had too much ham during the holidays.
Instead we got this Chicken & Corn Salad.
Their serving was huge and would feed four
hungry boys.  I expected the serving to be just a 
small plate.  Got so used to  minute servings
of salad in Manila. Hey, this is three hours away 
from Manila. We took home two-thirds of the salad.

We also got the Seafood Chowder.
 HubB likes clam chowder and loved the
seafood chowder a lot! I didn't get to take a
photo because HubB was quite famished and started eating. 
The plating wasn't IG worthy. heeheehee

Roast Beef Sandwich was HubB's lunch.
Actually,  I got it for him.  He would spend a long
time reading the menu and end up not knowing
what to order.  He had a heavy breakfast and I
knew he wouldn't want a heavier lunch.
He ate the beef and the slice of bread, while I consumed
the mashed potato and corn. You know me...
the carbo-loader! 
We changed our mind about eating steaks.
I love lasagna. I am like Garfield Senior! hee hee hee
Syempre, I ate the two pieces of French bread
and only one fourth of the lasagna.
Their lasagna was meaty, "tomato-y", cheesy ...
and just the way I like it. 
But I still love Sbarro's lasagna.
I must head to Eastwood later today to eat lasagna
at Sbarro or ravioli at Italianni's.
Now, I'm confused and hungry!
A healthier sweet ending.
I finished the watermelon. It was super sweet.
Mangoes were sour according to the HubB, that's 
why I don't really like eating mangoes,
unless the mangoes are from Davao.
We had the rest of the fruits wrapped
for take-out, for our merienda later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment