Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Takoyaki or Samurai Balls

I used to eat these delicious Japanese street food back in the day.
When my niece first came home to Manila, (after being away for 
almost ten years since her family emigrated to the States)
she craved to eat those delicious Takoyaki balls,
which we used to eat at Rustan's Cubao.
Much to her disappointment, I didn't know 
where to find these Takoyaki or Samurai balls.

A few years ago, I bought two cast iron pans that are used
 for making pancake balls and thought of making Takoyaki
using these pans. But I never got around to actually 
cooking pancake balls or Takoyaki.  The pans are still
in their original boxes.

It's a good thing that Takoyaki or Samurai balls are now
sold in almost every shopping mall in the metro.
These delectable Japanese street food snack is sold for
Php 28,  quite cheap.  You can even get a cold sugary
gulaman drink for Php 12 to go with the Takoyaki treat.

... just a yummy trivia from me.



No comments:

Post a Comment