Monday, January 18, 2016

Okonomiyaki at Dohtonbori, Greenhills

I finally found some free time to blog.
Yehey!!!

Alvin and I spotted this restaurant several months ago,
but it was still under construction.
We were finally able to have lunch here on Christmas
day or was it New Year's day.  I've forgotten.
Anyway .... 
I hope you read what's written in the first three 
photos ...  Quite informative!
Sauces, spices, salt & pepper.
Paper napkins, chopsticks...
This bowl contained the ingredients for the
okonomiyaki.  I'm not really sure which variant
Alvin chose.  There seems to be some octopus
in this one.  He loves octopus!
The server / cook mixed the ingredients in the bowl
and placed it all on the grill, like a huge pancake.
She said that she'll be back in 10 or was it 15 minutes.
So, Alvin and I spent the next 10 minutes
on the phone.  He played some games while I
checked Instagram.
The okonomiyaki was flipped and we waited for another
5 or 10 minutes for it to be fully cooked / well done.
Sauces, herbs and spices were placed on top.

***
I ordered this meal. 
***
***
That's their take out bag.
Had half of the okonomiyaki in the bag.
He must have enjoyed the okonomiyaki
and agreed to have his photo taken
beside the raccoon mascot.
Someday, we're going to have an authentic
okonomiyaki in Osaka.
But since our plans to visit Japan is on hold,
Dohtonbori is the next best place to
savour okonomiyaki.
Yum yum yummy!!!
Arigatou gozaimasu!!!
***

No comments:

Post a Comment