Monday, February 15, 2016

XO 46. Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons

XO 46, Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons
Feb 4, 2016 / Thursday
***
This isn't the first time I've brought family 
and friends to this restaurant.
But it's been a while since I've gone back.
I really liked  the way the waitresses /
servers speak in Filipino,  They even curtsy 
before they leave the table.
Complimentary Puto with Flavored Butter
I just hope they would serve the puto hot
or warm enough so the butter would melt
when placed on top.
Salabat sa Tanglad / Php 75
Coke Zero / Php 55
***
Kilawin na Sisig? ... looks like it, but it's called
Dinakdakan / Php 335
A bit too pricey for such a small amount of "sisig".
Okoy / Php 170 per order
Not crunchy enough. But since I like okoy and
can't cook this at home, pwede na. 
It's not too expensive.
Pancit Habhab or Lucban / Php 320
What can I say? I love eating pancit with rice,
any time, all the time. But this pancit somehow 
lacked flavor, shirmps, patis, kinchay, msg ... 
XO Crispy Pata / Php 695
You can't go wrong with anything crispy.
Sana lang, mas crispy yung skin.
Pinais na Alimasag / Php 435
Hinimay na alimasag na may buko at
coconut milk.  Our balikbayan guest's choice.
That's about 112 pesos per piece. 
But worth it!
***
My balikbayan sister in law is in town for
only two weeks.  All balikbayans want to eat Filipino food.
Syempre! She also loves crabs a lot and 
would bring us to Bob Chinn's
whenever we visit her in Chicago. 
No wonder her cholesterol levels are always high.

I would say that XO 46 is okay.
Not really too expensive.
Place is comfy, nice, cozy and not too noisy.

But what I forgot about this restaurant is that
they do not accept credit cards.
They would first get your card, come back ten minutes 
later and tell you that they are experiencing 
very weak or no signal. They would then ask you to pay
cash instead.  They did this last time I was here and 
gave this exact same reason.
No wonder all the other restaurants beside it are full.

I always have cash with me because of this
bad practice of some restaurants.
My balikbayan sister in law got worried and
asked to find a money changer right away.

Hay naku!  If you don't accept credit cards and continue this
practice,  you're going to lose a lot of clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment