Thursday, May 15, 2014

Filipino buffet lunch & Meet Up with "old" friends

Who doesn't like chandeliers and vintage houses?
As one enters the restaurant, you are greeted by this magnificent chandelier.
  This antique house has been transformed into a charming and traditional
Filipiniana full service buffet.  
***
I was to have lunch with some "old" friends from college.
Two of them will be coming from SMX, where the yearly dental
 convention is being held.  One came from Shaw Blvd, another from Makati, 
the other from Quezon City and I'm from Marikina. 
 I'd say Greenhills / San Juan area would 
then be a  good choice to meet up.
I prefer going to a buffet, because it spares me the 
task of ordering for everybody..They get to choose
from almost 20 Filipino dishes or even more and get to
 eat all they want, for a very reasonable price of Php 399.
***

Will only be posting food photos that are different,
or distinctly unique instead of all the 30 or more 
photos I took. Will also be showing photos of the 
guests, the people at the event, the girls, the classmates.

***
Halo halo on ice-cold frozen shot glasses.
I like this way better than making my own halo halo.
I never ever  get the correct proportions. Always trial & error.
...  and 'error' most of the time!
I either put too much sugar, too few pearls,  jello ,
beans or bananas. Or I even forget to put the cream or the honey.
So I end up eating a bland tasteless halo halo.
***
That's champorado in a small cup,'pre'-prepared by the
chef. There is also puto,, leche flan and brown sugar suman.
I enjoyed the desserts soooo much!
***
So why are there only pictures of desserts?  I am more excited to
post photos of the desserts than the main courses.
The main entrees were served in round chafing dishes, the lids of which
were shut / closed.  It would be cumbersome to open each one
of the chafing dishes and take photos of each and every dish.
There were about twenty or more Filipino dishes.
They even had lechonito, kare kare, kaldereta,  chicken pastel
and a lot more yummy Filipino dishes.

If we were to get together for a second time,
I would still choose this restaurant.
Reasonably priced, clean, and more value for
your hard earned money.
***
Smile everyone!!!
First three photos from Dr Ned's camera. Thanks :)
***
Si Monica, Adrian at Nicole ... hahaha
Si Adrian at si Monica? o si Nicole ba yan?
Manood gabi gabi kung kanino mapupunta si Adrian.
***
***
Ay... nagulat yata ako.  That's how I look when trying to make
sure I don't close my eyes during a photo opportunity. 
***
After 'pigging-out' at Guevara's, we proceeded to Fairview
to visit another classmate.  The last time I saw Dr. Fe was in December 2012.
I didn't know she had another brain surgery last Christmas.
So glad that she is now able to sit, walk around and even respond
to our jokes.  Last time I visited her with Dr. Alan,
 she was in bed,  very weak and had difficulty sitting.
...
Dr. Anna said to elongate our necks during picture taking,
to look a little thinner.  Hay naku... effective ba?
Pwede .....

That's Dr. Fe,  smiling. Hope to visit you again soon!
God is good to you Dr. Fe.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment