Sunday, May 11, 2014

Lucca Cafe & Bakery at the UP Town Center

Lucca Cafe & Bakery is one of the first establishments that
opened at the UP Town Center.  I usually buy their cheese loaf
whenever I pass by their cafe/bakery.  I would always tell the Son
... " ay sayang, we should have tried this place, ok, next time..."
But we never did.

Until one Maundy Thursday when my lawyer friend and I had a late lunch
after coming from Quiapo Church and the Cathedral.
The sandwiches took forever to get to our table but we 
didn't mind waiting.  We kept chatting away. Never mind if our
tummies were grumbling.  It was Holy Week.
Patience is a virtue.

Bacon and Egg Sandwich / Php 225
This was actually quite delicious.  Bacon was crispy.
 Bread was crusty yet not  hard, with a satisfying bite to it.
It was actually very good hearty bread.The egg was cooked perfectly.
***
Salmon Benedict / Php 295
This was what I got.  There was a poached egg on top of the
sandwich and they [placed a little too much of their sweet dressing.
This was how it looked like after cutting the sandwich in half.
One big soggy mess.  I like eggs well done, never half cooked.
I always hear my mother say "Cook your food."
*** 
That's an  Oreo Cupcake & Red Velvet Nutella Cake.
Php 70 and Php 105, respectively.
***
Will bring the boys here next time.  Best to go early in the 
morning, or in the evening.  The restaurant faces the west,
so it can be extremely hot in the afternoon, as the sun
starts to set.  We will be back though.

No comments:

Post a Comment