Monday, October 14, 2013

Three Sisters, Capitolyo Drive, Pasig City

Three Sisters
Capitolyo Drive, Pasig City
Pork BBQ Meal
Chicken BBQ Meal
Pork Liempo Meal
Fried Catfish
Crab Foo Yung
Camaron Rebosado
***
First time I heard about Three Sisters was from a colleague who said that our next gathering would be at this place.  We would always pass by this restaurant whenever we go to Charlie's or RUB but never really considered dining here. Until today...

A not so short story first...

This afternoon, we were on our way to a sausage place (I won't mention the name.), which had very good reviews from many bloggers.  I do not really  rely on reviews by some bloggers because most of them are treated to dinner by new restaurateurs and chefs. Some are even "sponsored' to write positive reviews. But  I follow this lady's blog because she writes about restaurants in Paris, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Beijing. The local places she frequents are all at the Fort, BGC or Makati. In other words, sosyal siya, e rich nga diba?

To make the longest story shorter, filthy rich lady blogger only had praises for this sausage place.   I was very disappointed  when I entered the sausage place. Anyway, the place only had six small tables and  four tables were occupied.   I was looking for a staircase and would have asked if they had a second floor, but, while the waiter was putting two tables against the wall, I abruptly turned my back, walked away, called the Son, the Niece and the Nephew and said, "Let's go!  I'm not gonna eat here ever!" The 'not-so-young-kids' followed me out of the sausage place and were giggling, because this isn't the first time they've seen me walk out of a restaurant. The kids rushed to the car, which the Hubby was parking. Inside the car, the kids laughed at  me, the'walk-out' queen.

So, Hubby asked, "Where are we going to eat now?" I said, "Anywhere but not at that sausage place!"  So, we ended up eating at Three Sisters, which was close by,  just at the corner of Capitolyo Drive.  Hubby said that the restaurant's old location was at the corner of their street in Pasig and that the Pasiguenos frequent this place for their Pork Barbeque (Php 40/ pc), Grilled Food  and  Pansit.

Three Sisters is an old all time favorite of the Pasiguenos.  It's an air-conditioned carinderia, not a turo-turo, has twenty or more tables with about 8 to 10 waiters walking around making sure you are welcomed and seated as soon as you  enter the restaurant,  The BBQ meals were served within 5 to 10 minutes after we gave our food orders.  Here's the best part.  Our bill was only Php1350.  For 5 BBQ meals, served with Java Rice, Pancit Canton and Iced Tea, plus side orders of Fried Catfish, Egg Foo Yung and Camaron Rebosado.  That is value for your money!

Shall we go back? Sure, why not!  I will order take-out of Pancit and BBQ!

/ chicsanders 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment