Friday, July 12, 2013

Banana Leaf, Promenade, Greenhills / July 2013

Banana Leaf, Promenade, Greenhills
Asian Fusion Cuisine
Roti with Curry Dip
Fried Spring Rolls
Nasi Goreng
Beef Rendang
Pad Thai
Turnip Cakes
********
Our dentistry class got together for a balikbayan classmate.
Reserved for 16 persons and we occupied almost half of the restaurant.
The person who took my reservation was quite hesitant at first
and was only going to hold my reservation til 7 pm. What?
He said, "baka ho tauhin? ..  What did that mean?
After a long while, I got what he meant. O well...
********
We got three orders each of the dishes above.
Forgot to take photos of the desserts that we ordered.
I'll just post some old photos.
They used to serve four pieces of this pandan coconut crepe.
Now, there were only two pieces, but slightly bigger.
I also noticed that their salad portions have greatly decreased, 
about a hundred grams, even less. Not a very good practice really.
Your loyal customers might just go and eat somewhere else. Just saying...
********
The unit that Banana Leaf occupies in Greenhills used to be Penang Hill,
and the unit  at Shangrila Mall is now Crustasia.
I wonder if they are owed / operated by the same chefs.???
Got to read on this and find out. 'Coz I really miss Penang Hill.
I just love Asian Fusion Cuisine!!!
********
/ chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment