Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mario's, Tomas Morato, Quezon City

Toffee Sansrival
********
I would have started with dessert but I was with the Hubby
and  couldn't do that. It took us 85 minutes to get to Mario's
and it was all worth the loooong drive through traffic.
Mario's, an old all-time favorite!
We were the first customers to arrive and were seated by the window,
where I had an excellent view of the dining room and our car, 
 which was parked right in front of the restaurant. 
I always start at the back page of the menu and order dessert.
I would have asked the waiter to serve my dessert first 
but let him just do his job and serve whatever he is trained to do.
Complimentary bread with Anchor Butter.
(I wish they had Paysan Breton Butter instead.)
My usual drink. Hubby didn't get his usual ... beer.
Starters ... Oyster on the Half Shell
It's Hubby's favorite. I don't eat oysters. 
Surtido de Tapas ...
 spicy chicken wings, calamari, crispy shrimps & chorizos.
This is the best calamari and crispy shrimps in town!
I do not really like calamari and always say that
 "it's just crispy and tasteless!"
but these calamari and shrimps were perfectly seasoned. 
You don't really need to dip them in the sauces, 
but their mayo dip was just perfect. 
Again, I don't like mayonnaise but this time,
I finished the mayo dip!
The waiter finally served the Caezar Salad,
which is what Mario's is best known for...
and it was fabulous, as always!
Got the Seafood Linguine. Hubby doesn't like ordering pasta
because I can make good pasta at  home. But this pasta tastes 
so much better than what I cook at home. 
I wish they don't put clams or mussels because I don't eat them.
Still a winner!
********
Finally ..... my dessert, toffee sansrival. 
Hubby only took a bite and I finished the entire slice!
!!!!!!!!
Excellent!!!!!!
and more !!!!!!!!! 
********
Son couldn't join us because he was the house sitter. 
Will bring him for Sunday Lunch Buffet next time.
Smile smile smile :) :) :)
I wish the newer chefs will take cooking lessons
from the owners, chefs and cooks of Mario's.
********
/  chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment