Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hot Soup for a Cool Rainy Evening

Piping Hot Sotanghon Soup with Patola
********
You will need these ingredients.
Brown the garlic.  I prefer doing it this way... garlic first!
Then put in the diced pork. I remember our cook used to tell me
to do this with meat...  "isangkutcha", when I was learning how to cook.
Up to this day, I still do not know the m,eaning or the English
translation for this word, sangkutcha.
Wait a minute, let me google it .....
Sorry ... there is none!!!
After a few minutes, add the onions and tomatoes.
Then, add the sliced patola or loufah sponge gourd in English.
 Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, til the vegetables are soft and tender.
Season with fish sauce, salt, pepper and a dash of MSG.
Add the sotanghon or cellophane noodles.
Serve hot.
********
/ chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment