Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Haru Sushi Bar and Restaurant, Kapitolyo, Pasig

Haru Sushi Bar and Restaurant
********
Son and I got to the restaurant at exactly 11:30 in the morning, 
on a Monday.  UP Diliman usually does not have classes on Mondays,
so off we went to Pasig for an early lunch or brunch for me.  
As I was about to enter the restaurant, a Japanese guy stopped
me from entering. He said , "Wait five minutes okay?" , 
with a very strong Japanese accent.  So, we sat on the porch and I took
the photo of this headless Japanese mannequin. Smile :) LOL
Haru is located in Kapitolyo, Pasig, beside Cafe Juanita
 and is run by the same owners of Cafe Juanita
Haru means spring in Japanese.
********
We were led to this nook. I wanted to take that table
but it was reserved and set for four people.
Lovely and cozy.
Light fixtures with faux cherry blossoms, a little bit dusty
just like Cafe Juanita's decors.
The sushi bar , love it!
Aki Sashimi Moriawase / Php524
An assortment of the freshest fish and lots of UNI.
I don't eat uni or sashimi anymore. I'm used to 'devouring' lots of sashimi
since fifth grade. But had one bad experience with uni 
and stopped eating anything uncooked.
The uni looked super fresh and not a slight scent of fish.
I took a tiny piece, dipped it in soy sauce and wasabi.
It was the freshest, creamiest, buttery taste.
I am in love with uni! But will only eat it here in Haru.
Edamame / Php115 & Okra Gomahe /Php70
... sweet tasting vegetables!
Son's  Steamed Tofu Steak / Php155
Ebi Tempura/ Php278... so so...!  I've had better.
My chicken teriyaki / Php239...  Love this!
.. and Japanese fried rice / Php80... Whose? Mine of course.
Would have wanted another bowl but too full.
I was looking forward to having dessert at Shangrila Mall.
Dessert was at Gelatissimo. 
********
We will be back !!!
/ chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment