Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Brunch on another rainy Monday

It's another rainy Monday.  That's probably why Paul Williams
and Roger Nichols wrote the song, Rainy Days on Mondays.
As I've said before, I love the rain and I love Mondays.
********
Fried eggs and Fried Tulingan (Mackerel Tuna). 
I grew up eating this fish, which is a staple dish of the 
Batanguenos.  My Nanay was from Bauan, Batangas.
Adobo Flakes, but not crispy.  I was lazy to fry the adobo.  
This is another staple dish for Filipinos.
My Nanay used to cook 5 kilos of pork adobo and 
I remember having adobo for breakfast every day.
Green Mangoes and Bagoong
***
We were at Eastwood over the weekend and I just
had to get these dinner rolls and mini ensaymadas
from Must Be Mom's.  Their mini cinnamon rolls weren't 
available and were sold out.
These are the softest dinner rolls and I love them so much!
Underneath are the mini ensaymadas.
Sorry, I forgot to take a separate photo.
***
I called Must Be Mom's and they deliver, 
with a minimum order of  Php500.
That's just perfect!
Also got some Napoleones.  But these weren't crunchy 
and flaky anymore.  The crusts were soggy.
This costs Php230 for a box of 10 Napoleones.
When you open the box, there will be an empty space 
in the middle of the box.  I don't understand why
they can't add two more and sell a dozen per box.
Just doesn't make sense to me.
***
Lovely way to start the week.
/ chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment