Friday, September 27, 2013

How to make Tuna - Puttanesca Pasta

Tuna - Puttanesca Pasta
********
The origin of Puttanesca, short for alla puttanesca in Italian 
means, in the style of a prostitute.  It was believed that the "ladies 
of the night" would use whatever ingredients they already 
have in their homes like garlic, tomatoes, capers and olives, 
sometimes anchovies and peppers, and whip up these
ingredients to make a quick delicious sauce, that is puttanesca.
***
You will need these ingredients to make my 
Tuna - Puttanesca Pasta. Puttanesca with a twist.
I always brown my minced garlic first. Gives the dish
a slightly different flavor.
Then I add the tomatoes, olives and capers at the same time.
Add 1/3 cup of  red wine,. Cabernet Savignon was
what I had in my refrigerator. Let boil for a few minutes.
Add a can of Century Tuna, Solids in Water.
Add Tomato Sauce.
Season with Salt, Pepper and Sugar.
Drain the al dente pasta. I used San Remo's Pasta Shapes.
Combine the noodles and the pasta and place in a serving dish.
Tuna - Puttanesca Pasta 
********
/ chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment