Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Kronuts from Chatime, Pioneer Center, Pasig City


Kronuts from Chatime
********
As I was reading about Kronuts, Cronuts, Croughnuts 
and Doussants,  I came across this blogger 
who got some of these novelty pastries from Chatime. 
 I have been trying to buy some from Krispy Kreme
 but they are always not available. I have been 
planning a trip to Dolcelatte to try their Croughnut
 but haven't gone to their restaurant because
 it is  quite far from where I live.
***
There is a Chatime in SM Marikina, where Son
usually buys his Cold Iced Tea Drinks. 
So, one Saturday morning,  I sent the Son to
buy me some of Chatime's Kronuts. 
 I patiently waited for Son to come home  and 
was eagerly anticipating a delicious breakfast of kronuts.
To my dismay and much disappointment,
Son came home empty handed.
Sigh .....
***
Late that Saturday afternoon,  since the boys were
both at home, doing nothing, I sent them
to Pioneer Center to get me some Kronuts.
Son got four variants.
Kronuts  / Php 55 each
***
These Kronuts were delicious.  Even crispier than the ones
I tried at Fairmont Hotel. I was expecting to write an
unfavorable review about Chatime's Kronuts, since one
of the followers of the blog that I read said that the more
expensive Kronuts are better than its cheaper
 or  budget-friendly counterpart. 
I beg to disagree sir / madam. 
I have sampled the more expensive Doussant
and it was just okay and it cost three times more
than this Kronut from Chatime.
This Kronut was fresh, light and quite crispy, 
not too sweet and very affordable.
At Php 55 pesos, that's not really cheap huh!
That money can buy a whole loaf of bread.
***
Stay tuned, 
Will write about Dolcelatte's Croughnuts as 
soon as I get to try them.
******** 
/ chicsanders 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment