Sunday, August 3, 2014

Suckling Pig Stuffed with Fried Rice at Portas Do Sol, Lisboa Hotel

The view of the magnificent chandelier from the second floor
where Portas Do Sol Restaurant is.
***
This is the first thing you see upon entering the restaurant.
We were seated in the middle of the big hall.  There weren't
a lot of diners since it was only 6 pm and  still early for dinner.
The waiter placed these sauces on the table.
***
Then, he brought a chair for my bag, 
my inexpensive orange Stradivarius bag that I got on sale
at the Venetian. Hay naku, nakakahiya naman.
(The waiter at Earth Kitchen also gave me a chair for my bag
but I said, "No Thank You!!!"  Will never leave my inexpensive
bags unattended here in Manila. No way!  It belongs on my lap
and it'll stay there forever!)
***
I called ahead to reserve a table for five, but Rosalie wasn't feeling
well and had tummy problems, so she stayed behind and didn't join us
for dinner.  I instructed the person who got my call to start cooking 
the suckling pig. When we got to the restaurant,  they haven't started
cooking. Grrrrr....  it'll take 45 minutes to roast. Grrrrrrr again.
But I kept my cool and just talked with SIL about uneventful things.
Took turns taking photos of each other to while away the minutes.
***
That's Iya without her Mommy.
The smiling SIL, Ate Nene
***
I was hungry and needed to eat something or I might
just have gastritis.  So, I ordered some appetizers.
Spicy Tofu
Squid Balls Stuffed with Goose Liver
***
The Suckling Pig Stuffed with Fried Rice and Preserved Meat
finally made a grand entrance.
OMG ...  cherries for his eyes and his teeth are showing.
I noticed that almost all the waitresses and waiters
were in the dining hall.  I took a video of how the server cut the pig.
I told them that a saucer or platito is used to slice the
crunchy suckling pig aka cochinillo.
***
This is the first slice.  There is hardly any fat or meat on the skin.
The fried rice had lots of preserved meat or chorizo.
The skin was extremely crunchy and the fried rice  perfectly
complements the suckling pig.  Hoisin sauce just adds 
a tad of sweetness, tanginess, saltiness and spice  to this
very rich delicious dish.   Winner!
 Panalo!!!
We had  two slices each except Iya.  She is a bit picky with her food.
We had the two slices and rice placed in take-out containers.
This plate of suckling pig was untouched and I brought it home
to the Hubby.  SIL placed it in the mini ref 's freezer and turned the 
thermostat to it's highest setting.
Btw, the skin was still crispy,  according to Rosalie, 
who ate the LO's the next morning.
***
Dessert Display
We didn't have room for dessert. Will just eat
the egg tarts that we got from Lord Stow at the Venetian.
Ths suckling pig costs MOP 500.
Our total bill was around Php 3800. 
Very affordable, right?
Am soooooo happy !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment