Saturday, August 23, 2014

What's better than Dayrit's Gulaman at Sago?

What's better than Dayrit's Gulaman at Sago?
***
E di ...
Dalawang Gulaman at Sago!!!
***
Hubby and I had the entire Satur-day ... and night all to ourselves.
Son's in school and won't be home til late, maybe past midnight.
Son is still getting to know his block mates in law school,
other school mates, and even his new found frat-mates.
Oh dear .... I'm sure may sorority diyan sa tabi tabi!
***
Hubby and I went to Dayrit's for our early dinner date.
Back in the day,  we would pass by Greenhills or Timog
and eat our favorite Macau chorizo at Dayrit's.
Then, we'd just share one gulaman at sago.
We were dentistry students on a tight budget.
Now, we each have our own gulaman at sago.
Hubby still likes the Macau chorizo but got beef tapa.
Son's favorite is the roast beef.
Roast Beef
Beef Tapa with Hawaiian Rice
Macau Chorizo with Hawaiian Rice
***
Glad that Dayrit's has a not-so-new branch in Tomas Morato.
I don't have to go all the way to Magallanes just to
eat Macau Chorizo!
***
Just some kwento ...
Dayrit's is one of our usual simple "date" place
in the 'old days' :( :( :(  shows my age!
Other places were...
Grandma's Inn in Libis, QC
Italian Village at Quezon Avenue.
There's this "Eat All You Can Tempura"
Japanese Restaurant at Pasay Road.
Another is the first Tokyo Tokyo at Glorietta.
Kowloon House and Aberdeen Court
Of course there's Alfredo's and Mario's,
but only for special occasions.
I remember this burger and wings place that's
open 24 hours, along Quezon Avenue.
I forgot the name! We'd have our dawn meals here
after going to Coco Banana.
The lobby of the Manila Peninsula 
was the best place to hang out after a night 
of drinking and dancing at the Coco...
and their cheesecake was simply to die for!

But when there isn't much left from our allowance,
know where we get our roast beef fix?
... at Burger Machine!
I wish I could eat some of those cheesedogs and sansrival
again from Burger Machine.
I am just not that brave anymore.
I wish Burger Machine will open a new branch at the mall.
Malay mo... some wishes do come true.
***


2 comments:

  1. bawal kung bawal but my favorite at dayrits is the binagoongang liempo served with manggang hilaw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My diabetologist said... eat like a pauper 6 days a week and eat lechon, bulalo, kare kare or binagoongang liempo on sundays.

      Delete