Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tapas / Chorizo on Toast

This book is what I read most of the time and is on my night table all the time. So what does 'tapas' mean? Literally, it is a Spanish word that means "lid", which the innkeeper would thoughtfully place on top of a customer's wine glass to keep out flies and dust between sips. It could be a slice of bread with a few pieces of ham or cheese. Tapas have become quite popular and are known as bite size gastronomic glories, served with drinks before lunch or dinner, or they can be an array of dishes for informal lunch or dinner.
 
********
This afternoon, while the rest, the sports fans, the gamblers, the masses ... were watching a boxing match, I was in the kitchen cooking tapas. I just find this a more productive activity than wasting my time watching a senseless, barbaric, stupid fight.
 
********
This is a photo of Gino S. Gonzalez's tapas that I read on Flavors Magazine.
So, I tried to make it for the boys this afternoon.
Ingredients
Slice the bread.
Saute the garlic in butter.
Place garlic butter on the slices of bread.
Set aside and toast before serving.
Saute the garlic, onion, tomatoes and chorizo.
 
Add tomato and chili sauce.
You may add basil to the chorizo salsa.
 
Place on serving bowls, with grated parmesan cheese
and fried quail's eggs.
Serve warm.
*******
/ chicsanders 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment