Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lunch after Puerto Princesa Underground River Tour, Palawan

********
That's my plate and only ate half of what's on it.
That's how horrible this lunch was. The tour and the "buffet" ??? 
lunch cost Php 1500 per person. So not worth it.
********
As I was looking around, there was this lady selling "tamilok".
Php 100 per serving. I got two. One for the Hubby and the other for
Ate Nene and Dr. Margie.
It came with this vinegar garlic and chili dipping sauce.
There were four pieces of tamilok per serving.
Btw, tamilok is a wood worm.
Our tour guide gave the Hubby instructions on how
to eat the tamilok. He said, "Do not cut the tamilok.
You have to eat it whole."
YUK!!! soooo yuk!!!
********
Dr. Margie excited to eat the tamilok.
The Hubby's turn.
..........
Oh my ....  
********
How did it taste?  Hubby said it tasted like clams,  more like
oysters. But he would rather eat oysters. 
That's Php 25 a piece or 50 US cents.
********
I don't eat mussels or oysters. 
I will never try this tamilok.
/ chicsanders 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment