Saturday, August 24, 2013

Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park, Palawan, Philippines

********
Puerto Princesa Subterranean River
********
The motor boats that bring tourists to the underground river.
About 20 to 30 minutes boat ride. 
I enjoyed this part of the 'journey', even if there
were some waves since it was high tide and the sea wasn't very calm.
The wind made the trip comfortably cool.
Best to bring earplugs so you don't get annoyed with
the sound of the boat's motor.
the cave's opening... the mouth of the underground river
just a few photos ... 
********
The Nativity
Giant Mushrooms
Pegasus
Those are bats that live in these caves, which is actually their toilet.
Aren't you glad there is no smell-a-vision here?
I couldn't stand the stench inside and 
there was no turning back. Sigh ....
Better bring masks, extra shirts, water repellent bags, 
alcohol, hand sanitizers, cologne, air freshener,
Vicks vaporub ... or a gas mask and oxygen tank. 
********
There were also monkeys, but not inside the caves.
We were warned and told not to bring plastic bags or food.
The monkeys are attracted to the sound of the plastic bags 
and they like the colors yellow, orange and red.
Oh my ... I was wearing a red shirt and brought my orange bag.
...
While Hubby and I waited for our photos to be printed,
I got my pack of Skittles and gave it to the Hubby.
He was eating them and holding the pack with his left hand.
From out of nowhere, the primate grabbed the Skittles.
Nasty little thieves. Darn!!!

********
The big question ... Shall I go back?
No offense to nature lovers. I would love too, but...
... the stench drove me insane. Sorry.
********
Just log on to this site 
and watch the video.
It's like being there, without the stench. 
Smile.
/ chicsanders 2013 


No comments:

Post a Comment