Tuesday, August 6, 2013

TWG Tea Salon and Boutique at Shangrila Mall

TWG Tea Salon and Boutique
Unit 2340 2/F East Wing, Shangrila Plaza Mall
********
Kona Sencha Tea /  Php 296
Macaron  /  Php 55 each

Coeur de Filet / Php 650
Chicken en Brochette / Php 475
********
********
Son and I had lunch here last Monday. We were at the restaurant at 1130
in the morning. It was my first meal of the day and
 I was really looking forward to having the
Governor Brunch
 (Tea from their extensive tea list, served hot or iced. Freshly squeezed orange or apple juice. Chicken en Brochette - Pan-seared chicken brochette flavoured with wholegrain mustard served with steamed rice and a colourful melange of capsicum and pineapple drizzled with a Timeless Tea infused sauce. Choice of 2 freshly baked muffins or scones served with TWG Tea jelly and whipped cream. Choice of a TWG Tea Patisserie from their trolley) 
and the Ambassador Brunch for the Son.
 (Tea from their extensive tea list, served hot or iced. Freshly squeezed orange or apple juice. Saute of Beef - Braised beef ragout served with Burgundy red wine sauce with shallots and bouquet garnish accompanied with steamed potatoes and baby carrots. Choice of 2 freshly baked muffins or scones served with TWG Tea jelly and whipped cream. Choice of a TWG Tea Patisserie from their trolley)

The server / waitress said that the Brunch is only
available on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
....  and it was a Monday! OH NO!!!!!!
Sigh sigh sigh.....
....................
Okay then, I decided to just get the main entree from the Brunch Menu, 
get a Salad and some desserts from their trolley.
The server said they didn't have vegetables, meaning, no salad.
What? O well.......
Another test of my patience...
I said, "Can you just give me the Vanilla Bourbon and
 Matcha  Mille Feuille? .. and can you please serve  the
dessert first?"  ... requested it with a smile. 
She said, "Ma'am, we only have the Singapore Surprise
and the Blueberry Cheesecake."
Oh dear ......  
********
So, I just got two of their more popular macarons.
Their macaron had an egg shell-like crust and when I took a bite,
it had this meringue-like texture, and then I indulged in
 the soft , not- too-sweet gorgeous delicious caramel filling. 
Hmmmmmmm... yum yum yum.
That first bite was pure heaven. 
********
Then I took a sip of their Kona Sencha Tea.
The tea was very delicate, had a subtle flavor but pure.
The temperature of the tea was just perfect.
You get to drink the tea right away without burning your lips.
As the British would say, "Lovely!"
********
I am not really very good at describing how food tastes 
nor can I identify the ingredients used. 
So let me just put it this way. 
"I love TWG Tea Salon. I enjoyed my meal. 
I had a very pleasant dining experience. 
I am in love with tea.  I will be back for Brunch
and have my Mille Feuille very very sooooooon!" 
********
Son and I had dessert at Morelli's. 

LOVELY!!!!!!!!
/ chicsanders 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment