Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Aristocrat, Roxas Blvd, Malate, Manila



Aristocrat, Roxas Blvd., Malate, Manila
Chicken Barbeque
Pork Barbeque
Spareribs Barbeque
********
As I was reading one of my favorite bloggers restaurant review, he featured this all-time Filipino favorite restaurant, Aristocrat. I just had this craving for its 3 pc. Chicken Barbeque served with atchara and Java Rice. So, on new year's day, I brought the 'gang' (that is the Hubby, Son, SIL and her family) to Aristocrat restaurant in Roxas Blvd.,  for lunch.  Five of us got the chicken barbeque. Hubby got the pork barbeque and Son got the spareribs barbeque.  The oldies were feeling nostalgic and kept on talking about how our parents brought us to Aristocrat back in the day. Hubby even remembers paying only ten pesos for the three piece chicken barbeque meal.  I also remember my Dad bringing us to this same place after we (my sisters and I) were done with our swimming lessons at Lozada's. [ My Dad thought that I'd lose my baby fat if I learned to swim. But no dear, he was very much mistaken. Those dinners at Aristocrat only added more pounds and that "baby fat" remained until today. hee hee hee}
Aside from the different variants of barbeque, Aristocrat serves this "Flying Saucer", which is actually two slices of "tasty" bread (that is Pan Americano or white bread) and pork adobo filling, shaped like a disc and looks like a UFO, unidentified flying object, more commonly known as a 'flying saucer' back in the day, that is about so many decades ago.
***
Our meals were paired with Gulaman at Sago, the sweetest most refreshing "samalamig" or "pampalamig" to quench our thirst and satisfy our sweet 'teeth' ( madami kami e.... hehehe).
********
chicsanders 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment