Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bangkok Street Food

Bangkok Street Food
***
After walking all day from Central Embassy to
Central World, through Intercon, and
on our way back to our hotel,
we saw  numerous street food vendors.
Bacon Wrapped Enoki Mushrooms
Wow... that's my favorite.
Sweet Corn .. I wonder what's on top of the corn???
Yummmmm.... all sorts of balls!
***
I see food ... seafood!  Am I at the beach?
No dear ... just on the streets of Bangkok.
***
We saw this grill.  Roast Chicken on top.
Grilled Tilapia in the middle.
... 
what was that?  catfish?
Then there was another grill... with more fishes.
I looked closer.  Homaygas!  It's my Dad's favorite fish.
The mudfish... 
A little kwento ...
Dad used to just impale the fish with the long 
metal rod and grill the fish alive,  cook the fish while it squirmed
and wiggled til it died on the fire.
I miss my Dad.....

We bought one huge fish and had it wrapped.
Brought it back to the hotel and ate it for our dinner.
It was extremely delicious, fresh from the grill, still hot, 
very tender white meat, which came with an incredibly
spicy sauce.  I just wish we had some steamed 
white rice, bagoong and green mangoes.
It would have been  perfect!
***

No comments:

Post a Comment